Monday, September 3, 2007
natalie moore in group show opening september 12th
Strand is a show of artists who work in a similar vein. A shared affinity for the hard within the soft and the potency of material is explored. There is a poetic strength to the work which refers to both the physical environment and to a broader sense of social connectivity. The fact that all the work is in some way contingent upon its environment speaks to a desire not simply to transcend a mutual dependency, but to embrace it. Pieces hang from the ceiling, are embedded in the wall, piled upon the floor, wrapped around structure, or woven into armature. Strand, in this fashion, transcends the simple meaning of fiber, thread or linear form to evoke a sense both of connectedness and isolation.
NYCAMS 44 west 28th street, 7th floor
opening reception: September 12th, 6-8pm
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2010 (41)
- ► 2009 (53)
- ► 2008 (39)
- Review Ken Butler Drawing and Driving
- Ken Butler "Drawing and Driving" Drawings @ artMov...
- Mike's World & Transactions at the Blanton in Aust...
- Political Digital Time Lapse at LIU
- Ken Butler Driving and Drawing artMovingProjects
- Perry Hoberman project space artMovingProjects
- Ken Butler's simulator Oliver Michaels Class B Li...
- Ken Butler installation
- natalie moore in group show opening september 12th...
- Slot Car News: Slot cars as art!
- ▼ September (10)